elevenonce's page

DIARY IN ENGLISH & DIARIO EN ESPANOL / The themes of this page are "Life in a Grad school", "Supporting activity to fishermen in El Salvador"(Until Jun. 2005) , "Sports, esp, soccer", "His activities in NGOs", "What he thinks honestly" in the way of diary in which a Japanese guy describes his daily life.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

SHOPPING


It was AMAZING!!! ‘cuz everything is SOOOOOOOOO expensive incredibly, for instance, a mango for $15! And it cost $1.5 to buy avocado!!! 5 bananas for $2 (of course they’re Ecuadorian!!!)… I know why they’re so expensive. Because Japan has to import so many kind of things from other countries, so it’s natural that they are sold more than the original cost… BUT too expensive, especially for people who don’t have their own income like me……

Today I bought veggies that are indispensable for us, human beings. I’ve felt recently that My body needed veggies ‘cuz I’d not had them for a long time, so I was feeling the lack of them, I mean, I felt dizzy, headache and etc. Now I’m so fine, as you know, I ate very necessary food, vegetables!!!! You know, it’s not so easy to organize everything by myself. SO maybe I need a nutrition adviser or someone who would take care of me!!! (gonna be my wif..?? just kiddin’!)

Finally, I can’t take my habit out of my life so easily, I mean, that I can’t help saying Spanish word accidentally or unintentionally, ‘cuz I’d spoken it for a long time! For instance, I wanted to say “Hi!” in Japanese to a receptionist who worked in the company where I had an English course (of course, she was great!). BUT in fact, the word I SAID was NEITHER in Japanese OR English. BUT in SPANISH!!! Of course “HOLA!”, so I was surprised at what I’d said and she reacted with confusion, saying in her mind “What? What did you say???”. I’ve gotta get accustomed to speaking Japanese, perhaps.

There are so many (too many!?) exciting and amazing things here, in this meaning, it’s great to be here!


Have you got somethin great recently?