elevenonce's page

DIARY IN ENGLISH & DIARIO EN ESPANOL / The themes of this page are "Life in a Grad school", "Supporting activity to fishermen in El Salvador"(Until Jun. 2005) , "Sports, esp, soccer", "His activities in NGOs", "What he thinks honestly" in the way of diary in which a Japanese guy describes his daily life.

Monday, February 20, 2006

UGANDAN PLATES

I went to an Ugandan restaurant, or we should call the place just "shop" as the Ugandan says. It was very interesting to go there to see how the Ugandan dish was prepared cuz I needed to know the exact way of cooking for the coming Ugandan cooking event that will be held in a few weeks.

When I was in the "shop", I felt something strange. It reminded me of the days in El Salvador because the Ugandan woman often looked out of the window in the kitchen in order to see and know what was going on outside as her habit. I guess it is typical and not special, but what I wanna say is I had never seen this
kind of habit since I came back to Japan. So, it was a bit nostargic for me!

OK, this is a photo of Tilapia, peanuts-flavored green vegies and Ugali (made by corn). Seems delicious, right? yes, it was tasty!