elevenonce's page

DIARY IN ENGLISH & DIARIO EN ESPANOL / The themes of this page are "Life in a Grad school", "Supporting activity to fishermen in El Salvador"(Until Jun. 2005) , "Sports, esp, soccer", "His activities in NGOs", "What he thinks honestly" in the way of diary in which a Japanese guy describes his daily life.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

EFFORT and OUTCOME


Last weekend, we held the 2nd Ugandan cooking event. To be honest, I was in charge of this event because I work as an intern, apart from my boss who is in charge of the projects of our organization in Uganda.

Well, I had found out that it was very difficult for us to get more participants come tothe event cuz we are not allowed to put publicity officially in terms of the sanitary reason.(Well, it means we can hold it, but we should not invite "not-specified people").Fortunately, the number of participants was 16 or 17. That made me satisfied to some degree.

As for the content, we planed a little bit more than the last time, and we did it a littlebit better. Now I'm sure we can do it better if we keep going like this.
The most interesting thing and what made me happy was that our group members were discussingthe way we should have done as a preparation and our performance, just after the event.Of course, we were exhaused, but they did. I think we can make it!

What I learned from this event was the importance of how strong you are mentally andhow and what you do as a result.