elevenonce's page

DIARY IN ENGLISH & DIARIO EN ESPANOL / The themes of this page are "Life in a Grad school", "Supporting activity to fishermen in El Salvador"(Until Jun. 2005) , "Sports, esp, soccer", "His activities in NGOs", "What he thinks honestly" in the way of diary in which a Japanese guy describes his daily life.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

GRANDPA

Aug 3rd

Well, my life in Indianapolis is not too bad. Not big problem, not complaint, so far...School is, well, good. Food is all right. The friends I made here are so cool.American I know are not so many, but they are very nice and kind to me.

So, I must say I'm Happy!!!

however, I heard a very sad and unexpected news from my Mom. her dad (my grandpa) past away.He was a very cool man and selfish!!! But he gave me a lot of fun and love, especially whenwe lived close (like 20-minute-distance). At the time, I was a kid and always looking forwardto going to his house where my grandma and grandpa were waiting for us.

He drived a car even after becoming 60 years old. Till around the age, he had been playingtennis, traveling a lot and, you know, I have a very wonderful memory. Maybe, he gave me morestrong impression on me more than my dad in a way (well, he's alive and that's why I think like this?)

Anyway, I am sure he's still in my heart and supports me, being somewhere I do not see...

Thanks from deep of my heart.